If a solicitor comes to my door what should I do?
If you choose to answer the door, the first thing you should request is the solicitor’s permit. Companies and individuals going door to door are required to complete an application for a solicitor’s permit. If the solicitor can’t show you the permit you can let him/her know that the Village requires a permit. You can then contact the non-emergency Police Department at 708-246-4534 to alert the Village to the situation. You can obtain a No Solicitation decal for your door from the Village Police Department.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Village’s Police Department located?
2. How many police officers does the Village have?
3. What are the department’s hours of operation, and how can I contact department personnel?
4. How are dispatch services handled for residents of Indian Head Park?
5. Does the Village participate in a Emergency Notification System?
6. Does the Police Department handle enforcement of village codes that affect the quality of life in Indian Head Park?
7. If a solicitor comes to my door what should I do?
8. Does the Village allow refuse and/or dead branches and other yard waste to be burned in residential areas?
9. Will the Police Department provide vacation watch services?
10. Can cars be parked on the village streets at night?