PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Public Works Overview
The services provided by the Public Works Department are essential for maintaining a secure and quality lifestyle. Our goal is to preserve public improvements by investing in our infrastructure before the onset of major problems. The Indian Head Park Public Works Department is dedicated to working as a team to ensure our residents receive the highest quality of services today and in the future.
How to Report a Problem or Receive Help
Edward Santen, Superintendent of Public Works & Water, oversees all Public Works functions. He and his staff respond to both emergency and routine repairs and maintenance.
- For Public Works emergencies outside of regular business hours, please call the non-emergency Police Department number at 708-246-4534.
- For Public Works emergencies during regular business hours please contact Ed Santen,Superintendent of Public Works and Water at 708-246-1233 x1.
- Please use the Concern or Compliment feature of the website to report non-emergency Public Works issues.
Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining Village infrastructure that has a value today on the order of $25 to $30 million should replacement ever become necessary. Public Works personnel, under the management of Edward Santen, Public Works Director, deal with the daily maintenance and operation of our water, sewer, storm water and pavement systems, as well as Village park and other public landscaped areas.
- What services does the Public Works Department provide?
- Where is the department located, and what are its hours of operation?
- Where can I find information about ComEd Outages and how to report them?
- I’ve heard about J.U.L.I.E. and know that it has something to do with utilities. Where can I find more information about J.U.L.I.E.?
- Does the village allow refuse and/or dead branches and other yard waste to be burned in residential areas?
- Where can I obtain information on household hazardous waste disposal and electronic recycling?