- The Administration Department is responsible for the oversight of most Village operations, excluding Police, Public Works, and Fire & Emergency Medical functions.
- Administration is the primary point of contact for residents, local businesses and visitors to our community.
- The Administration Department provides vital functions in the areas of finance, community development, and communications.
Village Administrator Responsibilities
The Village of Indian Head Park has a full time Village Administrator who has the following key responsibilities:
- Serves as the chief appointed officer of the Village
- Serves as the Village Attorney's chief advisor, keeping him informed of all important matters
- Provides human resource functions, include recruiting, supervising and disciplining personnel
- Implements and administers Village ordinances and resolutions
- Recommends tax levy, recommends and administers the appropriation ordinance, and recommends capital projects and financing options In conjunction with the Finance Manager
- At the request of the Mayor and other elected officials, prepares reports and responds to requests for information
- Serves as advisor and works closely with consultants regarding all activity related to economic development
- Promotes and maintains responsive community relations with residents and businesses
- Participates in collective bargaining negotiations
- Engages in risk management, including claim administration
There is a drop box at the north end of the Administration office parking lot. This drop box is for all Village related items such as letters and water payments. Payments to other entities, such as monthly condo assessments, should be submitted directly to the association or entity.